Hello Paul,

I noticed a similar problem years ago in the flex 4.1 SDK, but it could have
been there for a while before that. We used a pretty simple workaround that you
could try:
https://mickpowellstips.blogspot.com/2010/11/dropdownlist-memory-leak-flex-41.html.
 It might fix your issue, and I doubt it will do any harm to give it a whirl…
There might be a better approach as well, but that was the way we solved it.

All the best,

Mick