Well as I suspected, my attempt to translate such symbols as => didn't go
well given my limited knowledge of JS. One important thing I left out. There
IS consistency in the naming that I  forgot to mention. All the objects have
children in the form of an array named children. Does that make it any
easier?

Softball Minors (object)
        children (array)
                        East (object)