Another reason I need this is if our users format the number themselves the
soft keyboard needs to be qwerty which is really lousy at entering phone
numbers.

On Jan 3, 2020, at 2:41 PM, Erik Thomas
<e...@linqto.com<mailto:e...@linqto.com>> wrote:

Hey all:

I need to develop, find, or buy a telephone number formatter that's i18n.

mx.PhoneFormatter is ancient and not globalized. You have to specify the format
and there are just too many different formats to hard code as you can see in
this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_conventions_for_writing_telephone_numbers

I was hoping to find something like flash.globalization.DateTimeFormatter which
does a great job of localization based on locale without having to specify
patterns.

Anyone ever create such a component in Flex/ActionScript? Or know where I can
get one? Just want to avoid doing this from scratch, encoding every country
code in the world associated with the appropriate pattern string.

Thanks.

Erik

--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content
filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au