Bonjour,

J'ai dû désinstaller LanguageTool 0.9.8 et revenir à la version précédente (0.9.7), pour des raisons que j'ai exposées en mauvais anglais sur http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/languagetool Comme vous pourrez le voir sur ce site, je ne suis pas le seul à avoir rencontré ce problème. Si d'autres utilisateurs ont eu également ce désagrément, cette information les consolera peut-être :-\ .

PS: ci-dessous les trois messages concernant cet affichage d'erreur intempestif.

Tue, 05/12/2009 - 06:19 — martin.lander <http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user/36672>

     An error has occurred in LanguageTool:

<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/languagetool#comment-1308>

An error has occurred in LanguageTool:
java.lang.NullPointerException
Stacktrace:
de.danielnaber.languagetool.openoffice.ErrorPositionComparator.compare(Main.java:717)
de.danielnaber.languagetool.openoffice.ErrorPositionComparator.compare(Main.java:713)
java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1270)
java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1210)
de.danielnaber.languagetool.openoffice.Main.checkParaRules(Main-java:301)
de.danielnaber.languagetool.openoffice.Main.doGrammarCheckingInternal(Main.java:301)
de.danielnaber.languagetool.openoffice.Main.doProofreading(Main.java:242)

Vista Home Premium Service Pk 1
Ooo ver 3.0.1
LanguageTool ver. 0.9.8

The error occurred when I pasted the following text into a document.
God as a Supreme Being, which 'embraces within itself everything which can be thought by man.' God includes all that is possible or real." (Manfred Kuehn, Kant: a biography, p. 140f.)
Through a process of elimination I narrowed it down to the following minimal condition.
Paste or type the following into your document on a single new line.
a 'a'a"
Tue, 05/12/2009 - 18:57 — martin.lander <http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user/36672>

     Further to: An error has occurred in LanguageTool:

<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/languagetool#comment-1309>

Further to: An error has occurred in LanguageTool:
The single quote marks are U+2018 and U+2019 and the double quotes are U+201C and U+201D.

In addition typing the following will also cause the error.
a" (
or
a" )

but not
a" ()

Wed, 05/13/2009 - 00:57 — Leguar <http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user/41150>

     Same problem as martin.lander, with different conditions

<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/languagetool#comment-1314>

I have got the same problem as martin.lander ("An error has occurred in LanguageTool: Tue, 05/12/2009 - 06:19) with the 0.9.8 version, but with different conditions.
- I have WinXP SP3 and not Vista,
- I use Ooo 3.1.0 and not 3.01,
- The problem occurred as soon as I opened a (big) file, and not after an operation, - It seems to me that the problem occurred also when I typed an opening bracket "(".
- I use the French versions of both OOo, LT and WinXP.

To be frank, I did not check the error message in details (I have now re-installed LT 0.9.7), and there may be small differences between the message I get and that which has been copied by martin.lander. I am nevertheless certain that they were very similar (they both included "ErrorPositionComparator", "danielnaber" and "java").

<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user/36672>