Hello Sarah,

Yes, you could define a BBOX filter in your WFS protocol to fetch just a portion of the features you want. See an example of BBOX filtering :
    http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.10/examples/filter.html

  Regards,

Alexandre

On 11-07-07 09:20 AM, Sarah Schuessler wrote:
Any hints on this?
Am I right to think that if I use BBOX with my wfs that my linked FeatureStore is only loading such number of features?
And why did including ext-override-ajax.js not work?

Thanks!
best regards
Sarah

**

Hi list,

I have a wfs and want to publish my data via a FeatureStore.
If I load it with:
fields: [{name: .....}],
proxy: new GeoExt.data.ProtocolProxy({
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        url:
    })
})
there is a long loading time because of high number of features.

If I want to use
layers: wfsLayer
instead of protocol option (because I use BBOX filter for wfs reducing features from 10000 to some hundred) I get an error that proxy is undefined.
My wfs layer is:
wfsLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("mywfs",
    {styleMap: wfsStyle,
     displayInLayerSwitcher: false,
     strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
     protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        featureNS: "myNS",
        featureType: "mylayer",
        version: "1.1.0",
        })
    });
I included a proxy script which is working.
I searched and found that I have to add ext-override-ajax.js to my GeoExt build but that did not help.

What I`m doing wrong?
Any hints to get better performance for displaying data?

Thanks
best regards
Sarah

Alexandre Dubé