Hi,

there is no way to get this loading throbber with just GeoExt. The
JSON tree loader in GeoExt has this throbber, spinning until the JSON
response is turned into layer nodes.

It is, however, possible to achieve this on the application level by
registering for the OpenLayers Map's loadstart and loadend events.

Andreas.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:50 AM, brad <b...@numaps.com.au> wrote:
> List,
>

> I have seen GeoExt apps that have a small animated gif spin on the layer
> nodes. I cannot see how to activate this. The examples also do not have
> spinning layer load wheels? Is there something i need to configure to get
> this load wheel operating.
>

> My nodes look like this:
>

> nodeType: "gx_layer",
>
>                 layer      : “layer 1”,