From: users-boun...@geoext.org [mailto:users-boun...@geoext.org] On Behalf Of
Ian Turton
Sent: 18 July 2011 16:49
To: Robert Buckley
Cc: users@geoext.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Using wms to display data and wfs for searching ?

On 18 July 2011 16:16, Robert Buckley <robertdbuck...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a while back now someone gave me the advice to display my features as wms
> but search and query them via wfs. Is this the recommended way of doing
> things?
>
> Does anyone have an example of a simple app which uses this methodology so I
> can analyse this approach? I am unsure about how I should load the wfs which
> displaying them

See http://ian01.geog.psu.edu/geoserver/www/search/gazetteer.html for
an example of this approach, there is more description of how I built
it at http://ian01.geog.psu.edu/geoserver_docs/apps/gaz/index.html

Ian

Sustain is a leading carbon reduction company. Our clients have saved
4,131,800 lifetime tCO2e through working with us (June 2011)

Sustain Ltd.  Registered in England No. 3384793
Barley Wood Stables, Long Lane, Wrington, Bristol BS40 5SA, UK

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential
and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this document then you must
immediately inform the sender and delete this e-mail and
any attachments from your system.

E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.  The sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the content of this message which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission.