-----Missatge original-----
De: users-boun...@geoext.org [mailto:users-boun...@geoext.org] En nom de
Christine Bush
Enviat: viernes, 22 de julio de 2011 18:53
Per a: users@geoext.org
Tema: Re: [Users] zoomSlider control behavior

Antoni,

    I think this is a great question because I suspect most users
probably do exactly what you're doing (because it is "fun", sometimes
more accurate and the tool is called a "slider" after all) which is to
click and drag the slider to the increment/value they want.  It seems
from your description, however, that the component is setup to submit
data as long as you have the mouse button depressed. Grrrr.  Obviously
what you want is for data only to be submitted on "mouse up" so
changing the slider component to do that is where to start.

    Or, have you tried simply clicking on the zoom tool near the value
you want?  If you have simple increments and they are clear to the
user then telling the user how to use the tool is never a bad idea
(unless you work for Apple apparently).

   Last but not least, if the issue is really dragging you down
(excuse the pun) you could use a different tool, like a combo box.

   This probably isn't much help, but hopefully provides encouragement.

   Cheers,
   Christine Bush
   Mountain View, California