From: John M. Stein
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 3:58 PM
To: users@geoext.org
Subject: [Users] formPanel search not working with WFS

Hello All,

I'm trying to set up a very simple search form.  Most of my usergroup perusals
have shown that it seems to be pretty straightforward, but for some reason this
just won't work.  When the search is sent, I recieve (via Firebug) a GML that,
once saved into its own .xml on the server, works perfectly fine.  For whatever
reason, it just doesn't want to show up from the POST request.

Here's the code:

    formPanel = new GeoExt.form.FormPanel({
        title: "SEARCHBOX",
        region: "north",
        width: 300,
        height: 100,
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
              url:  GeoserverWFS,
              version: "1.1.0",
              featureType: "plant_view",
              featureNS: "localparks",
              srsName: "EPSG:3734"
              }),
        items: [{
            xtype: "textfield",
            name: "p_genus",
            value: "Acer",
            fieldLabel: "GENUS"
        }, {
            xtype: "textfield",
            name: "p_species",
            value: "saccharinum",
            fieldLabel: "SPECIES"
        }
],

    listeners: {
        actioncomplete: function(form, action) {
//   alert(action.response);
            }

    }
});

    formPanel.addButton({
        text: "search",
        handler: function() {
            this.search();
        },
        scope: formPanel
    });

right?  pretty standard.  I tried WFS 1.0.0. and 1.1.0.  I tried playing around
with WFS settings in GeoServer (changing SRS styles from XML to URN - which
never changes the request..).

The important thing is that I'm getting a proper GML Post from the search.  I
tried adding a blank vector layer to the eventlistener and adding bindings from
a FeatureDataStore, but those methods failed me as well.  Is there some basic
setting in WFS that I am completely missing?  Might this have to do with
geoserver version (2.1.0)?

Is there anything else I can do with the eventlistener to force a rendering of
the response?  Something with action.response written into a temp.xml and
rendered?

Thanks for any insight..

John Stein
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Intern
(216) 635 3239   [Mon, Tues, Thurs]
Horticulture Intern

(330) 760 3243   [Wed, Fri]

j...@clevelandmetroparks.com