Hi,

   Using the PrintProvider, MapFishPrint and MapServer (WMS), I'm trying
to figure out how to print a map that render tiles in 72dpi in the web
application where they should be in 300dpi in the pdf document created.

=== what I did so far ===

   Setting the layer params.map_resolution property to 300 works.  In
the pdf, the symbology is as what's present on the web application at
72dpi.  Problem is : setting that obviously affects the web app as well
and I get bigger symbols and labels in the map.

=== what I think I could do to solve that ===

   So, I need to set that param just for the print request.  (untested)
I think I could listen to the PrintProvider "encodelayer" event and add
the map_resolution there myself.

=== is that okay or could I do something else ===

   Could there be an other way of achieving this without doing so ?  Has
someone already done that another (better) way ?

   I have more questions but I'll try to keep it simple for now.

Any thoughts ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears