Hi Brad,

I just tried to reconstruct what you described:
What I have done:
  - I added a feature to an existing feature grid by adding this feature
to the corresponding layer -> works fine
  - Then I executed gridPanel.getSelectionModel().selectLastRow() what
selects me the last feature in my grid (the newly added feature)
  - grid.getView().ensureVisible(recno, 0, true):  I could not detect a
function ensureVisible of a Ext.grid.GridView within the API docs, see
[1]. The reason for that is the fact that ensureVisible is a private
function. You should not use this.

The solution you are looking for is:

  - grid.getView().focusRow(recno-1);

Best regards,