From: andreas.hoce...@gmail.com [mailto:andreas.hoce...@gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Andreas Hocevar
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:04 PM
To: Dan Ramage
Cc: users@geoext.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Openlayers 2.11 and Map tabs

Oh sorry, I just saw that we're on the GeoExt list here, and not
OpenLayers. I seem to remember that I was able to solve this by
configuring the TabPanel with

deferredRender: false

Minimal example:

new Ext.TabPanel({
    deferredRender: false,
    width: 600,
    height: 400,
    renderTo: document.body,
    activeTab: 0,
    items: [{
        xtype: "gx_mappanel",
        title: "map 1",
        layers: [new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM()],
        center: [0,0],
        zoom: 1
    }, {
        xtype: "gx_mappanel",
        title: "map 2",
        layers: [new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("wms",
"http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms";, {layers: "world"})],
        center: [0,0],
        zoom: 1
    }]
});

Andreas.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Dan Ramage <d...@inlet.geol.sc.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, however that had no affect.
> I also tried get the extents then calling zoomToExtent() which didn't
work.
> However, calling setCenter() does cause the map to be drawn. Looks like I
> need to investigate what setCenter() does to cause the map to be drawn.
>
> Dan

Behalf
> Of Andreas Hocevar
> Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:12 PM
> To: Dan Ramage
> Cc: users@geoext.org
> Subject: Re: [Users] Openlayers 2.11 and Map tabs
>
> Try to call map.updateSize() when you hit a tab for the first time.
>
> Andreas.
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Dan Ramage <d...@inlet.geol.sc.edu> wrote:
>> I've been experimenting with OL2.11 and noticed that on my maps with
tabs,
>> when I open a different tab nothing happens in the map area. If I zoom,
> then
>> the map fills in(baselayers, WMS layers). Some bits of the map are
present
>> initially such as the Permalink and the Google logo for the baselayer.
>>

>> Seems like there might be an init function not being triggered.
>>

>> Dan

> --
> Andreas Hocevar
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/