I am trying to change the MIME type in a WMSLegend object from GIF to PNG
using the following code:

xtype: 'gx_legendpanel',
id: 'LegendPanel',
autoScroll: true,
height: 350,
title: 'Legend',
collapsible: true,
region: 'south',
split: true,
defaults: {
            baseParams: {
                        FORMAT: 'image/png'
            },
useScaleParameter: false
}

However, when I run my app, it is appending an extra FORMAT attribute after
the default one:

http://geoserver:8080/geoserver/ows?SERVICE=WMS&FORMATS=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_xml&LAYER=mylayer&FORMAT=image/gif&FORMAT=image%2Fpng

My application is reading the first FORMAT attribute and rendering the
legend as a GIF instead of a PNG.

Is there any way to suppress the first attribute, or is this a bug in
GeoExt?

The same thing appears to happen with the SCALE parameter as well

Thanks,

Andrew