From: users-boun...@geoext.org [mailto:users-boun...@geoext.org] On
Behalf Of Just van den Broecke
Sent: 24 May 2012 09:56
To: users@geoext.org
Subject: Re: [Users] LegendPanel fires GetLegendGraphic requests for
invisible Layers

Hi,

I got much further in nailing down the issue: GeoExt will
prefetch/preload Legends, WMS Legends via GetLegendGraphic, for all
Layers where the "hideInLegend" record item is false/undefined, thus
even if the Layer is not visible.

I have fixed this and made this behaviour configurable via a
"prefetchLegends" property for my class that derives from GeoExt
LegendPanel. Also "hideInLegend" gets set in a Layer record when set for
a Layer.

See the code at:
http://code.google.com/p/geoext-viewer/source/browse/trunk/heron/lib/wid
gets/LayerLegendPanel.js
(Heron MC is a framework on top of GeoExt). Maybe the fix can be cleaned
some, but for now this works. If found useful I may add this fix/feature
to GeoExt via GitHub pull.

best,

--Just
Just van den Broecke