Hi Antoni,

  I added the list in CC.

The tree uses the WMSCapabilitiesLoader to trigger the WMS GetCapabilities requests. Looking at the code in GeoExt 1.1, is parameters are returned by the getParams methos, which looks like this :

    getParams: function(node) {
        return {'service': 'WMS', 'request': 'GetCapabilities'};
    },

  You could try to override this method :

GeoExt.tree.WMSCapabilitiesLoader.prototype.getParams = function(node) {
return {'service': 'WMS', 'request': 'GetCapabilities', 'version': '1.1.1'};
};

HTH,

Alexandre