Hi Lars,

Your question would belong more to the Heron mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/geoext-viewer-devel

Printing will be supported in the next version of Heron (0.7 planned
coming weeks) and these issues are then solved. Also the GeoExt ux
PrintPreview will be supported.

If you are eager to try out, you can use the SVN version or hosted Heron
libs. See an example (work in progress!) here:
http://lib.heron-mc.org/heron/latest/examples/printpreview

If you add your own button to the toolbar for a print popup you always
have the mapPanel passed, see example:
http://lib.heron-mc.org/heron/latest/examples/toolbar-item

Getting the legendPanel is still to be solved at this moment, but at
runtime we may use an Ext function to find the LegendPanel e.g. by id I
think.

best,

Just