Hello,

That's a nice example you got there. You could look at the http://map.rostmuseum.ru/js/tree-primary.js file to see how they built their tree. They use an external php script to return the JSON config of their tree : http://map.rostmuseum.ru/load-tree-config.php

That's a nice way to organize the data on server-side and have it automatically updated if new layers are added.

HTH,

Alexandre