Hello Kyle,

I just had a short look at your code. It seems that don't use the
ComponentQuery in the right way: As [1] says it always returns an array of
matched Components.

So you should change your code in ArcticTree.js

store: Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#ArcticMap').layers

to something like

store: Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#ArcticMap')[0].layers

Maybe you try it like this and give a feedback on the list if there are any
further issues or if this was your problem

Best regards,

Chris

[1] http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/api/Ext.ComponentQuery-method-query