Hi Kyle,

AFAICT GeoExt 2 can very well be included in single-file build created with the older version of the sencha command (http://www.sencha.com/products/sdk-tools/download). It is essential that the path to the GeoExt src files is known to ExtJS and that all components have their requires correctly stated.

We use the above build process in several rather complicated setups and it is serving us extremely well. It is so good indeed, that we have included it in our internal CI-process which fails if the build fails (a nice sign for forgotten requires, e.g.).

We do not include the needed OpenLayers files though. We have a separate process for this.

I really hope the above helps. That being said, I'd love to support the new Sencha cmd, and I think it is totally doable. Also more documentation is definitely needed. I am glad that you asked, and I hope to find time to work on this.

Best,
Marc