      From: Christian Mayer | meggsimum <ch...@meggsimum.de>
 To: users@geoext.org
 Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:12 PM
 Subject: Re: [Users] Is GeoExt 3 feature-complete? Looking for GeoExt form

 Hi Amir, I guess by "feature-complete" you mean "feature parity to GeoExt
v2.x". No, at the moment GeoExt v3 has no feature parity to v2 and I am not
sure if it will have in the near future. The main reason for this is that the
father library ExtJS is now (since v6.x) devided in 2 toolkits. One for apps
focussed on desktops ("classic toolkit") and one for apps focussed on touch
devices ("modern toolkit"). At the moment the toolkit's UI components are not
synchronized in their naming structure. So comparable components will have
different names. Other non-UI-parts, like stores and models can be used across
the 2 toolkits. Since we (the GeoExt developers) want to support both toolkits
we focussed on the non-UI parts (with some exceptions, e.g. mapcomponent).
Otherwise the GeoExt code would be blown up too much by switching between the
toolkits.
 Once ExtJS will have synchronized UI components in both tookits we surely can
provide more GeoExt-UI-components. Nevertheless GeoExt is in an ongoing
development process, what does not mean you cannot use it in production code.
You can use e.g. the currently released version 3.0.0 [1]
  Cheers,
 Chris [1] https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/releases/tag/v3.0.0