On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:55:47 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:

> I don't use the grammar checker, but I imagine it has a similar way to
> toggle the Auto-check?

Seems the grammar checker can be turned off in
Tools/Options/Languages/Writing aids.

But there is some confusion in the taskbar buttons:

  "ABC" (with big green arrow)
     A mouse hover reveals "Spelling & Grammar", but the action seems
to be to summarise a check of the whole document.

  "ABC"
     A mouse hover reveals "SpellChecker", but when I click on it, all
the *grammar* markings disappear from the displayed document
(hurray!), i.e. it has turned off the *grammar* check, even though the
button is labelled 'SpellChecker'....

Nevertheless, I'm happy with the latter, as I can now work in peace
until the document is finished, then click on that button and find out
what errors I might have missed...

Many thanks to all for your help. Much appreciated!

--
/\/\aurice