Hi Arda,

Arda Tunccekic wrote (07-12-10 09:31)

I have an auto generated xls file, and I have a column in it, which is
defined as text.

I have numbers in that column, with trailing spaces which look like ;
"1.2 "
"12.9 "
"3.4 "

When I right click to the column, choose "Format Cells" and "Number", it
doesn't convert. I can't use the values in any formula. How can I
convert them to numbers? Is there a "quick convert" feature?

The extension CT2N does help in many cases.
You may want to try it:
  http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/CT2N

(And if it does not work, pls let me know. Sometimes I make some changes, thus your situation might be covered by a future version.)

Regards,
Cor