On 01/23/2011 11:22 AM, baldwin linguas wrote:
On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM, webmas...@krackedpress.com
<webmas...@krackedpress.com>  wrote:
What I really need to find is a Grammar checker that will spot
things that I miss with my "stroke damaged brain" or someone
with the symptoms of Dyslexia.  People like me have a problem
with spotting missing words or wrong words for the text sentence.

You're asking for way more than a computer will EVER do.
I'm a language professional (translator/interpret), and a hacker, and
I tell you, computers will
never fully replace translators or editors.
Computers may be useful in such areas, but their work will always, always
have to looked over by a competent, human editor prior to being
"perfected" for publication.
The idea of a "universal translator" (as seen on Star Trek) is just a
pipe dream.
A universal editor would be no different.
No system or program, not MSOrifice or LibreOffice or any other includes
the feature with the level of accuracy/capacity that you seek.

./tony
I know that no system is perfect, but I could use whatever help there is
out there for these tasks.  There was talk on the OOo list a while back
about a Grammar add-on project, but I do not know it it ever got finished.

It would be nice to have an option for "sound alike" words like "aunt" and "ant". Of course it would be nice if I could spell properly, or close enough for the
spell checker to give me a list that has the word I am looking for.

So does any one know of some free system that would run on Ubuntu
that does more than LO does for grammar checking?  Even a stand alone
package would help.