On 26/02/11 07:16, Rhot wrote:
Hello!

Recently I faced quite annoying problem regarding table of contents
formatting.
My story:

All my colleagues at work (including the director) use MS Word 2007, but
I prefer LO.
So, my boss ain't against my fairy use of open-source software, but he
requests to follow certain rules of formatting while composing documents.

There is interesting formatting of TOC in our organization. A table of
contents is actually double-aligned! Firstly, the text of headings is
aligned to special value, secondly, page numbers are strictly aligned to
the right side of the page.

For the screen-shots of proper alignment in Word 2007 refer to
http://community.i-rs.ru/index.php/topic,20227.msg112289.html#msg112289.

I found no solution for OOo on that Russian board. Nevertheless I hope
to find answers here.

All the best,
Vladimir.

Vladimir,

The Table of Contents is formatted based on a variety of styles - 'Contents Heading' 'Contents 1' 'Contents 2'. You can control the format of your contents table by changing the paragraph style using Format > Styles and Formatting. The character styles, say for example for the hyperlinks (blue underlines), can be changed using the same method.

--
Cheers Simon

   Simon Cropper
   Principal Consultant