On 25-02-11 16:16, T. R. Valentine wrote:
> I used FIND to locate the space between the date and the time. I used LEFT
> to extract the characters prior to the space and when that did not produce
> a numerical value, I tried both VALUE and TIMEVALUE to convert it to a
> numerical value. Neither worked.

This seems to be correct, however

1)  A2  '=NOW()'
2)  B2  '=FIND(" ";A2;1)'
This gives problems, because the second parameter in FIND needs to be text.
The correct way to find the " " would be:
  '=FIND(" ";TEXT(A2;"DD-MM-JJJJ UU:MM:SS";1);1)'

The "DD-MM-JJJJ UU:MM:SS" is because my locale setting is Dutch

Hmmmmmz, what happens if i save this, change locate, and re-open this
doc.....

Yes, Mr Valentine, you are right, there is a lot of work to be
I Think this should be filed as a bug, wonder how OO does do this.

--
Luuk