Hi James,

On 04/04/11 08:31, James Wilde wrote:
If this is a double post I apologise.  I can't see that the original message
has appeared, neither in my in-box (no, I don't use gmail) nor in nabble.

I didn't see a double post :-)

I have had a problem arise in connection with converting an odt file to another
format, mobi.  The problem is apparently caused by a mistranslation of a tag
which occurs very often in LibO (and OOo) documents, the text:s/ tag.

Can someone please give me a pointer to a document that includes and explains
this tag.

I found this:

http://books.evc-cit.info/oobook/ch03.html

Look under the "Whitespace" heading.

It looks like an oversight in the OASIS spec that "text:s" isn't actually spelt out, although they take the time to spell out "text:c".

Does OASIS have a pretty open participation system like the IETF? Sounds like you should submit a patch for their docs which explains things better, after getting confirmation that link I found is accurate. The front page of that subdomain indicates that the material was originally published 30 Jul 2004, although the online version /may/ have been updated since then.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

-r