** Reply to message from Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com> on Thu,
28 Apr 2011 07:31:57 -0400

> On 2011-04-28 1:40 AM, Cliff Scott wrote:
> > Charles Marcus wrote on Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:17:17 -0400
> >> Two? I have only ever had to deselect all of the other dictionaries, the
> >> language itself is usually only defaulted to install English.
> >>
> >> Or is there another one I've been missing that accounts for why the
> >> properties in 'Add/Remove Programs' still shows the hug string of every
> >> single language even though I only want/need English?
>
> > It still normally installs a whole list of language packs, but doesn't use
> > them unless you later request to change languages.
>
> Not when I've installed it (dozens of times now) - it only has two
> languages seletced by default - EN-US and EN-UK (I think, that's from
> memory)... but I know it is only the dictionaries I have to deselect-all
> then select only the english...
>
> This is on Windows, both XP and 7...

Interesting. I've only installed it four times. Twice under XP and twice
under Win2K. The first install in each OS, 3.3.0, installed all the extra
stuff because I didn't know any better. When upgrading to 3.3.1 I deselected
all the extra stuff and it did as it should. It's been quite a while now so
maybe my memory is failing me, but as I recall it there were extra languages
installed both times I installed 3.3.0 and not when installing 3.3.1.