Sorry.  I need to set up a config signature:

Mac OSX 10.6.7.  Libreoffice 3.3.2 (brand new install).  NeoOffice is also
running on this machine.

Database is brand new, first use.  Was just beginning to test Base which I have
not used previously and ran into this problem setting up a table.  Select edit
table and enter "default" value parameter for any field.  I tested several
values for several fields and types.  Any entry caused this problem.

Cheers,
                tod

On May 2, 2011, at 11:50 AM, planas wrote:

> Tod
>
> On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 10:59 -0400, Tod Hopkins wrote:
>
>> Just begun working with Base, 3.3.2.  Cannot set default field values
>> because the Save function stops working if you add a value to any "default"
>> field.  When you add a default value, the Save icon is "enabled" but
>> clicking has no effect.  The icon remains enabled.  And you can't close the
>> edit window because you can't save changes.
>>
>> Deleting the default value allows you to save.  Other changes did not
>> trigger the problem.  The default values were valid.  I tried many
>> variations and I am quite certain some, at least, were perfectly valid
>> entries.
>>
>> Can anyone replicate this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>                tod
>>

>> Tod Hopkins
>> Hillmann & Carr Inc.
>> todhopk...@hillmanncarr.com
>>

> Please advise your OS.
>
> What type of field was causing the problem?
> --
> Jay Lozier
> jsloz...@gmail.com

Tod Hopkins