Hi,

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 15:50 +0200, L O wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a canon Pixma MP500. I know it that the printer itself can also
> queue, however, it doesn't receive any data. Nothing is happening until I
> close LibeOffice, then the printjob starts. So when I tried printing for
> say 5 times, I get 5 copies after closing LibreOffice. Nothing to see in
> the queue and printer is just standing by... It happens with a couple of
> pages with text, and it also happens when I'm printing text with some
> pictures and tables. I just cannot pinpoint the exact cause of this, the
> only common factor is that it happens in LibreOffice.
>
> Kind regards,
> Raymond
>

> From:   planas <jsloz...@gmail.com>
> To:     users@libreoffice.org
> Date:   07-05-2011 08:58
> Subject:        Re: [libreoffice-users] bug in printing?
>

> Raymond,
>
> On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 08:00 +0200, L O wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I print, very often the printer just doesn't start. Only when I
> close
> > LibreOffice, the printing will begin (no  print jobs are visible in the
> > queue until LibreOffice is closed). I tried to figure out why it happens
>
> > and if I can reproduce this behaviour. However, it only happens in 50%
> of
> > the cases and I cannot get it figured out what is causing this. I do
> know
> > it is very irritating and in other programs I do not have the same
> issue,
> > which makes it an isolated problem for me within LibreOffice. I am using
> > 64bit XP installation.
> >
> > I hope somebody knows what could be causing this.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Raymond
> >

> What printer are you using? The queue for the printer does not show all
> the jobs, strange. I sometimes see a lag with my printer (color laser)
> as the print job is spooled. How big are the print jobs?
> --
> Jay Lozier
> jsloz...@gmail.com

> deleted

It sounds like LO and the Windows print spooler are not talking to each
other. My suggestion to try is to uninstall the printer (remove the
printer) and reboot with the printer on to reinstall the printer driver.
The other option is to reinstall LO. I suspect a corrupted file is the
problem.
--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com