Jean

On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 07:01 +1000, Jean Weber wrote:

> On 14/05/2011, at 2:07, jslozier <jsloz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >> filtered items to another .csv spreadsheet document. I usually use CSVed
> >> 2.1.4 to perform such tasks, but I would like to figure out how to
> >> accomplish this from within LibreOffice Calc. Thanks in advance.
> >>

> > If I understand your question correctly, you save to .csv format by
> > using SAVE AS>.CSV, you will need to scroll down to find it. You may get
> > a dialog box confirming that you want to save as .csv and not the
> > default .ods format for Calc.
> >

> Jay, he wants to save only the *filtered* info. Does that work the way you
> said? I've never tried it.
>
> --Jean

After filtering it will.

.csv is comma delimited format and Calc will save it in that format,
only the active worksheet. You can also open a .csv in Calc and it will
open a wizard asking what the delimiter is in the file, check comma. It
will  open correctly. I believe Excel works exactly the same way. .csv
is platform independent and you can open in any spreadsheet program.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com