Hi :)
I think you might have inadvertently chosen combinations that might be
restricted in some way.

Ctrl A is "Select all"
Ctrl Z is "Undo"
Ctrl Y is "Redo" but doesn't always work in every app

Ctrl X is "Cut"
Ctrl C is "Copy"  or sometimes ends programs run from the command-line
Ctrl V is "Paste"

There are other ones that might not be quite so universally used, such as Ctrl
to save, Ctrl P to print, Ctrl W to close (not exit unless it's the last tab
left open).  Even if those don't work in Mac they might still be blocked from
being re-defined in some cross-platform programs such as LibreOffice.

So, hopefully the idea might work if you just use different keys but i really
don't know much about styles so it could be a problem in there somewhere
instead.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)