Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> I guess the lack of knowledge of the SUMPRODUCT() function forced me
> to learn quite a few other functions, workarounds and tricks…

For reference, here's one of these "tricks" that could be used.  Let's say
you want to do the following:
= A1 * B1 + A2 * B2 + A3 * B3

You could use SUMPRODUCT() as follows:
= SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3, B1:B3)

Another way to do it is to enter the array function:
{= SUM(A1:A3 * B1:B3)}

The curly braces should not be typed manually, they will appear when you hit
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (this is called an array function).

Generally, I would suggest using SUMPRODUCT().  However, the array function
is more flexibly; you can do various different calculations with it.  For
instance, enter the array function below (without curly braces, end by
pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than ENTER) ...
{= SUM(A1:A3 ^ B1:B3)}
... to get the same result as ...
= A1 ^ B1 + A2 ^ B2 + A3 ^ B3

There is no equivalent function, like SUMPOWER() or whatever (that I'm aware
of, anyway).

For more information about array functions:
http://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Array_Functions

Regards
Jack