In most word processors and editors I've used back in the dark ages--say,
more than five years ago (and some sane versions still do) you could simply
type <CTRL>-<ENTER> (i.e., tap the 'ENTER' key while holding down the 'CTRL'
key) at the point where you wanted to break the line and continue typing the
same line. It's worth a try; You'd be surprised how many tricks from the
DOS-era still work. Best of luck.