I used Revo Uninstaller to remove my 3.2 (or was it 3.3.2?) on Win-7. It  hung
with the progress bar at about 80% of completion for over two  hours, never
moving further. In the selection window (similar to Control  Panel Add/Remove
window), I saw that I had told it to uninstall the  main program and that the
Help module (or whatever it was called) had  not started. On a whim, I started
another instance of RU and told it to  uninstall the help section. I chose the
slowest, most thorough number 4  setting for both uninstalls. Long story short
-- it then completely  uninstalled both 'halves' in about a minute and I'm
ready
to DL the  3.3.3 final and install it.

Don't know if this'll help anyone else, but it [apparently] needs to remove the
help files first. Hopefully the new install will  go smoothly. I have never
experienced a problem installing either OOo or my first shot at LibO.
 --
I'm so busy, I don't know whether I found a rope or lost my horse!
 <>< Earl