webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmas...@krackedpress.com>
writes:

> On 06/22/2011 09:21 AM, lee wrote:
>> Asterix<marais.han...@gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>>> In all the different Linux distro's I installed none seems to support the
>>> synonym function.
>>
>> There are packages in Debian testing you can install to add support for
>> quite a number of languages in LO.
>>
>> There´s the package "mythes-fr" that seems to provide the thesaurus for
>> French, for example.
>>
> Is that the way to get OOo New Thesaurus? or is it something else?

I think installing this package is one way to add thesaurus support to
LO in Debian.

There are openoffice-* packages depending on the mythes-* packages
described as intermittent packages to support the switching from
openoffice to libreoffice:

,---- [ lee@yun:~$ apt-cache show openoffice.org-thesaurus-fr ]
<debian-openoff...@lists.debian.org>
`----

> This is a MySpell system and I have a Hunspell spellchecker installed.

You have two different spell checkers installed? Can you use both with
LO?

> I download the .deb I found for the mythes-en files, and installed it.
> I did not see any difference.  I did not reboot my Ubuntu 10.04 system
> though.

Rebooting shouldn´t be required; restarting LO should suffice. I don´t
have any thesauri packages installed, so I don´t know. I´d expect them
to just work out of the box.