Am 25.06.2011 00:53, schrieb lee:
Hello Lee
Frieder<delo...@googlemail.com>  writes:

[...]
ther is a Basic example for a macro to export to PDF
its not clean code, but it should work:
[...]

if you want I can translate this code in clean code without using the
dispatcher
Hm, I just tried out the macro recorder and recorded a macro that
exports my document as PDF. It looks very much like the one you
posted. It even stores the permissions password I entered in readable
form.
Yes I also did it with the macro recorder, but I can translate it to better code if you want (the dispatcher is not reliable ).
It strikes me odd that I shall have to learn another programming
language to do something this simple ...
What programming languages do you  know?
You can write macros in Basic, Python , JavaScript , and even in C, C++ ,Java and some more ,if you know how to call the Uno API . But Basic is really simple. (No useless bracket for example. And how to write a " for loop " or something similar easy is not hard to learn in any language.) The Problem is how to use the Uno API no mater programming language you prefer.

(...)
Hm. I have created a database to use instead of a spreadsheet. When I'm
trying to mail the document to myself as PDF, I can specify "Properties"
in the mailmerge wizard. There I could apparently add a text message so
that the PDF is sent as an attachment to it. I could use that to mail
the PDF documents to myself with the reference number in the text part
for easy further processing, or I might even be able to send them
without any further processing.

Unfortunately, LO crashes when I try to send the message:

,----
| X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
|   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
|   Resource id:  0x5001822
| #
| # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
| #
| #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f2cabeb5751, pid=21389, tid=139829845436192
| #
| # JRE version: 6.0_18-b18
| # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (16.0-b13 mixed mode linux-amd64 )
| # Derivative: IcedTea6 1.8.7
Have you tried it with a stable  Version????
| # Problematic frame:
| # C  [libuno_sal.so.3+0x43751]  rtl_uString_release+0x1
| #
| # An error report file with more information is saved as:
| # /home/lee/hs_err_pid21389.log
| #
| # If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
| # instructions how to reproduce the bug and visit:
| #   http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla
| #
|
| [error occurred during error reporting , id 0xb]
`----

This seems to be Java problem, and not a LO bug.
regards
Frieder