Am 01.07.2011, 15:17 Uhr, schrieb Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>:

An obvious workaround may be to include any such parentheses in the formula itself.

Not quite, I'm afraid. Because in the parentheses, I have some regular text behind the formula, and a non-closed parenthesis in a formula object messes it up. Also, I'm using different fonts in formulae and regular text, so that would be visible. Anyway, I did find a solution by using a protected space and scaling the width down to 1% or something.

Thanks nonetheless,

   Zak