2011/7/13 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi :)
> Keyboard short-cuts sometimes work when menus don't
> Ctrl C = copy
> Ctrl X = cut (X looks a little like a pair of scissors)
> Ctrl V = Paste
> Ctrl Shift V = sometimes pastes 'without formatting' (doesn't work in my
> web-based email program)
✁

Sorry for this being very off topic, but why does most people write
Ctrl C, Ctrl V and so on? Shouldn't it rather be Ctrl c, Ctrl v?
Ctrl C should be the same thing as Ctrl Shift c, shouldn't it? Since C
is the same as Shift c, I mean (unless you didn't create your own very
suspect keyboard layout, of course… like I did, but not THAT suspect…
☺

I would even prefer writing like Ctrl+c, since the ”+” indicates that
”Ctrl” should not be released before the ”c” is hit. That way this
syntax for the Compose key makes sense: Compose o c ⇨ © (press the
compose key, release it, press o, release it, press c, release it ⇨ a
© appears at the cursor's position).

Once again, sorry for being off topic here, I just couldn't stop myself… ☺

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ