From: Mark Stanton <m...@vowleyfarm.co.uk>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Fri, 22 July, 2011 20:36:24
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Given up spellchecking?

Writer seems to have stopped spellchecking, even though I have the
standard dictionary set correctly (I think, to English -UK), and all
the other language options I can find being set correctly, and in
fact set the same way as before it (recently) stopped spell checking.

A "manual" spell check finds no errors whatsoever (I've put some in,
to make sure), there are no words underlined in red to indicate
misspelling, and if I put in an incorrectly spelled word, LO doesn't
complain.

More than that, each time I access the dialog (sic :-) ) to set the
hyphenating, it presents itself as "English (USA)", however many
times I set it to "English (UK)".

This is LO 3.3.2, under Fedora (15).
It was working until very recently.  A large proportion of KDE has
updated in the last couple of days, but I don't see that this should
have a bearing on this part of LO.

Any ideas?

Regards
Mark Stanton