From: Heinrich Stoellinger <hc.stoellin...@aon.at>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org; Tom Cloyd <t...@tomcloyd.com>
Sent: Thu, 28 July, 2011 7:15:31
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Base record access unacceptably slow

Hi Tom,
Just my - maybe naive - 2 pennies worth of comments:
As I mentioned before, I have been using OO/LO for years together with
BASE with MySQL (which - also "sigh") now "belongs" to Oracle as well.
As a connector to the DB I have tried out the Java version (always had
trouble with it one way or the other!) as well as ODBC/UNIXODBC (which
is what I am now using under Linux and which works sort of!). With
MySQL there is also the native connector which I would actually prefer
to use - but, yes you guess right - does NOT work on either LO 3.3.3 or
3.4.1 under Linux. A bit confusing, isn't it!
I am not giving up hope yet for LO 3.4.2 - especially since it targets
business...
Isn't there a OpenSource fork of MySQL called MariaDB?!?
Regards