From: Cliff Scott <ae...@qsl.net>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Sat, 30 July, 2011 13:16:58
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice message footer

** Reply to message from Jean-Baptiste Faure <jbf.fa...@orange.fr> on Sat, 30
Jul 2011 08:54:08 +0200

> Le 30/07/2011 04:07, Cliff Scott a écrit :
> > At the risk of starting another round of arguments regarding subscribing &
> > unsubscribing I would like to point out that the information for
> > unsubscribing in the footer of messages on this list is incorrect. I just
> > changed my email address so I had to unsubscribe the old one and subscribe
> > the new one. It all went without a hitch because I checked first at the
> > get-help page on the Libreoffice.org website and found out that the correct
> > unsubscribe address is "users+unsubscr...@global.libreoffice.org", NOT
> > users+h...@global.libreoffice.org.
>
> Please read more carefully the text of the footer. It does not tell you
> the address where to send a message to unsubscribe but the address where
> to write to get the instructions how to unsubscribe. I guess this
> indirect procedure is useful because you need to be informed that you
> will have to answer to the confirmation request.

Thank you. That was also pointed out to me by someone else. I took it to mean
the actual address which it is not. Possibly it could be clarified by putting
it similarly to this: "For unsubscribe instructions email to:
users+h...@global.libreoffice.org" or something to that effect. From all the
hassle I've seen others go through in the past I'm not the only one to
misinterpret the present wording.