On 11 Aug 2011 at 12:35, Charlie wrote:

> > How much experience of people had of Works import and does it actually
> > work, or is it as I seem to be finding rather buggy?
>
> No problem here using V 3.3.3 running on Ubuntu (that's the latest
> version for Ubuntu). See samples at
> www.writersedgeservice.com/filebrowser/proposalsfiction.asp . Formatting
> was fine.

Thanks Charlie for that. I have just updated to 3.4.2 to see if that
would change things, but it did not. And yes, I DO have the legacy
filters installed, which you need for the old .sxw etc formats but I
don't think they are needed for Works.

The documents on writersedge were in fact the ones I had found myself.
There are three .wps files on there, and these all open fine, complete
with formatting, bolding etc in MS Word Viewer.

In LO 3.4.2:
cad7593009.wps - opens blank, if I look at the properties pane it
claims it has 1 page with 0 characters.
fot4813409.wps and mot6312910.wps open correctly as plain text but all
the bolding, italics, paragraph indents, and other formatting is
missing. They look totally different from how they do in Wordview.

I wonder if it has changed between v3.3 and v3.4 or maybe it is a
Windows issue?

Dave

http://www.davesergeant.com