Hi,

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:16:14 -0700
"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:

> Um, that statement makes no sense.  Public domain documents require no
> license.  They are either someone's copyright and licensed under the GPL or
> there's a quit claim on the copyright and no license applies.

I think the statement makes perfect sense. There are countries, where you
cannot give up your rights (Germany and I think many other EU countries as
well).

I would interpret this then in the following way:
If you live in a country where you can give up your rights, you can get those
templates as "public domain".
If you live in a country where you cannot give up your rights, you can get
those templetes under the "GPL".

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sigrid