Am 15.08.2011 11:37, Jean-Louis Oneto wrote:
Hello,
I tried to define a combo box in Scalc which take its source cell range
from a table. When I enter the cell reference directly, it works as
expected. I defined a name for the table, but when I try to used it
instead of the direct cell reference, I just get a blank combo box. I
tried several syntax like 'name', ='name' but that doen't make any
difference. I tried that both under version 3.3.3 (on Windows XP Pro 32
bit) and version 3.4.2 (on Windows 7 64 bit) as well as OpenOffice v3.3.0:
That doesn't make any difference either.
Is there a way to make that works?
(In fact the original file was made with MS Excel XP)
Thanks in advance,
Jean-Louis

Don't use form controls with spreadsheets. They are made for database input in the first place.
menu:Data>Validation...
Accept: <cell range>
... does the trick accepting any formula expression, even calculated references to dynamic ranges. When you turn off the error message, you get the same behaviour as a combo, which is just a text box with auto-complete suggestions. Unlike form controls, this spreadsheet variant of a combo box can be copied across ranges.
Hope this helps,
Andreas