I'm asking my question again.  Hopefully I have included sufficient information
that my query is easier to understand this time

What I am looking for is how to create a new _predefined_ Impress layout.

Note: I am _not_ asking about templates.  They are a different matter.  I
already use templates.

Explanation:
If you open a new blank presentation in Impress, on the right side is a sidebar
entitled "Tasks".  This then has 5 menus:

Master Pages
Layouts
Table Design
Custom Animation
Slide Transition

The second item, "Layouts" has 12 predefined layouts which one can select.

I would like to create some _different_ layouts which I want to use many times.
 Therefore, I would like to add these new layouts, which I wish to create, to
the 12 existing predefined layouts.

This will allow me to select them with a single click, rather than manually
define them every time I want to use them.

I see the layouts are somehow included in the master pages.  All I want to do
is add some more of my own design.

Thanks,
Ya'akov