Could you tell us what LibreOffice you are using?
3.3.# or 3.4.#
Currently 3.3.4 is out for that line, while 3.4.2 is out for its, along with the previous versions.

What MAC OS are you using?

It is always nice to know that a specific version is working well on a specific OS for one of LO's users.
For my part I have only use Windows and Ubuntu/Linux version of it.

I also use Inkscape now, but I came from Corel Draw vector graphics when I ran Windows as my default OS, but Ubuntu is my on my desktop as my default OS, with Windows on only one laptop.

I did not know about the issues between "Inkscape SVG" and "Standard SVG" and other packages, thanks.

I wonder if "Xara Xtreme" supports that .DRW format?