On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:57, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/02/2011 01:35 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
>> My Korean customer thinks the Korean Hangul font in LibreOffice is
>> very attractive and I would like to use the same font in a DocBook
>> document I create for him.   By looking at the document parameters for
>> one of the glyphs I see the name of the font but it's in Hangul.  How
>> can I find (and refer to) the font file when I can't use unicode on
>> the file system (or at least I don't know how to do it)?  Is there an
>> ASCII mapping for such font names?
> This might work:
>
> Open a new document. Select the font. Type a few characters (doesn't
> matter if they are roman or hangul). Export as PDF/A-1a. Open in Adobe
> Reader: File|Preferences|Fonts.

Thanks, NoOp, I used your idea but I already had the document so I
saved it in the format you suggested and then opened it in evince
(Ubuntu's default pdf reader).

Then under File|Properties|Fonts I found the Hangul font name:

  UnDotum

On my system I then did:

  locate UnDotum

and found this:

/usr/share/fonts/truetype/unfonts/UnDotum.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/unfonts/UnDotumBold.ttf

Just what I was looking for!

Thanks all--now I have the source of some great (and free) Hangul fonts.

Best regards,

-Tom