From: Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Subject lines - another gripe...
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 8 September, 2011, 17:50

On 9/8/11 10:02 AM, Dave Sergeant wrote:
> I use Pegasus Mail and view the posts threaded, which by and large
> works excellently. No need to quote lots in mails as it is very easy to
> locate the original mails.
>
> But Pegasus Mail truncates subject lines, as displayed in folder views,
> to 35 characters, something that will be changed in a later version of
> Pegasus but not for a while yet. Each email on this list is prefixed
> with [libreoffice-users] together with various [re:], [fwd:] and other
> things. Net result is that there are very few characters left out of
> the 35 to accurately thread on, and I get all sorts of totally
> different things threaded together.
>
> If the list admin changed this to something like [lo-users] or even
> [lou] it would make threading far more reliable.

It strikes me, the problem isn't LibreOffice, it's Pegasus Mail.  :-)
Personally, I don't think it's LibreOffice's responsibility to address the
shortcomings and limitations of other software products.

Another point, if you shorten the name and start using acronyms, that could
cause problems for new users finding it difficult to figure out what [lou]
means.  :-)

-- Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2