At 18:02 11/09/2011 -0400, Steve Noname wrote:
I want to make a spreadsheet that has a cell that has a little pulldown list arrow on the side of the cell, so that when you click the arrow, you see a list of things you can choose that populates the cell. I'm not a "strong" spreadsheet user, so when I'm looking at the help file I'm not sure what all the references are to this form and that data filter, etc.

If I understand you correctly, try this:
o  Select the cell or region to which you want this to apply.
o  Go to Data | Validity... | Criteria.
o  For Allow, select List from the drop-down list.
o  Ensure that "Show selection list" is ticked.
o  Against Entries, enter your list of permissible values.

You can achieve additional effects on the other tabs of the Validity dialogue, notably on Error Alert.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker