I have to send this on my private email for various [employment]
reasons, so I can't mention where I work, but it's a large
multinational corporation with a very 'conservative' public image.

I have been using first star office then OOo and now LO on linux since
before Sun bought it from the original vendor, and I have been using
the OSS version since the day after it was first available.  I'm
considered 'useful but a loose canon' at the office, because I've
championed OSS solutions since before they had that popular name, and I
prototyped our original NON-M$ desktops on linux instead of windows
over ten years ago and got it accepted.

At the office I have, over the years, gotten about 200 people to use
OOo and now LO instead of msword.  For the most part the transition was
painless and everyone was happy.

HOWEVER after I moved to 3.4.3 from the older 3.3.x releases I'm
suddenly hearing a WORLD of complaints about one thing.

The assignnment of the key to bring up search and replace.

Basically they hate the change.

Now instead of a <CTRL>F they have to hit <CTRL><ALT>F instead, and
while from my background as a programmer that seems a trivial change, I
have had over 70 complaints about this in the last week alone (and 13
more today). Secretaries, admin. assistants, and managers DON'T like
change.

So I have gone through the documentation and tried the various
"options" available, but I don't see any way to give them what they
want (<CTRL>F = find/search and replace), without editing the code,
changing it there, and recompiling it myself.  I have to find a
solution soon as one of the complaints is from a 'management' type who
is 4 levels higher than I am.  He says to have it for him on Monday
(PERIOD).

Is there a simpler solution? (replacing the users is NOT an option,
however desirable...)

So if anyone can clue me in on this one, please help.

Thanks
--
william w. austin                                     aire...@att.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."